1. Location location location where is the mulch to be used? e.g. flat garden beds, windswept area, steep slopes or a combination.
2. How are you going to apply it to the garden? e.g. by hand, wheel barrow, shovel, pitch fork, bobcat. Chip and Mulch is easy to shovel and move about, where as bark generally requires a pitch fork as it binds together and is better for steep embankments and wind swept areas.
3. Work out the colour that would compliment your garden, gold, orange, chocolate brown, deep brown/red,Uluru Red this is a personal preference.
4. Work out how fine or course/chunky you want the mulch to be.
5. How long you want it to last (Cypress will last longer and retain its colour longer than other mulches).
6. How much do you need? Calculate the length x width x depth. Generally we say a minimum of 10cm or 4 inches deep. The deeper the better for weed suppression.
7. Now visit your favorite local Landscape Yard or call us to find one in your area and look at the products that meet your requirements to Refresh Your Garden. Remember to always look for fresh quality product and if you want Cypress look for our Termite Resistant logo on the landscape bins to guarantee you get 100% Cypress.