Cypress Colours Carbon Black Mulch
A dark Carbon Cypress mulch developed to enhance the natural greens and colours of a garden or landscape. If you are looking for a unique project finish and an enhanced garden appearance this is the high quality coloured mulch for you. Using industry leading technologies and natural carbon black dye that is ground into the product to give long lasting colour in a fine and consistant textured mulch along with the added benefits of Cypress natural; termite Resistance.
Like any natural bark or mulch the tannins will run if put onto light concrete, tiles or other surfaces we recommend a delivery drop location on grass, dirt or on a tarp.
- Rich long lasting Black colour
- Retains moisture, reducing water requirements for your garden
- Environmentally Sustainable
- Natural Termite Resistance*
- Fresh Cypress fragrance
- Complies with Australian Standard 4454-2012
- 100% Genuine Cypress
All products are natural and the exact colour and consistency cannot be guaranteed due to variations in the timber or bark raw materials. As a premium manufacturer we pride ourselves on getting our formulas and manufacturing as close as possible every time.
UNDERSTANDING THE COLOUR PROCESS (Courtesy of Amerimulch 2018)
How the colour-enriching process works
During the production process, the colourant is dispersed in a water-based solution which allows us to evenly coat the wood fibre with a rich colour. Until the water is completely dry, the bond between colourant and wood fibre can be broken. To be sure that the bond between the wood fibre and the colourant cannot be broken, a critical drying time is required.
Critical Drying Time
There is no one set rule on what the required drying time is. Variables can be present in the form of the weather, production inventory time and base fibre content. Experience tells us that 24-72 hours is a comfortable drying time from when the product is installed.
Installation Do’s & Don’ts
· To avoid discolouration to the driveway or ground, dump bulk mulch onto a tarp.
· Wet the ground before dumping if a tarp is not available and wash the surface off with soap and water after applying the mulch.
· If a heavy rain is forecast, delay your delivery or cover the product with a tarp as soon as possible.
· Do not install the product in the rain. Try to find a window of weather to allow for rain-free critical drying time.
· Once installed on your garden, avoid watering in for 24-72 hours.
· Sit back, relax and enjoy your beautiful coloured garden.
Renewing “Washed” Product
In the event product “washing” does occur, there are options available to amend your mulched areas. If the material has been delivered and is in a bulk pile, the washed product can simply be mixed in with the rest of the mulch as it should be just a surface wash. There will be enough coloured mulch in the pile to blend in with the surface material. There will be no product loss.
If the material has been applied to the landscape, there are two options to remedy the situation (keep in mind the same critical drying time is needed):
· Lightly rake the surface. Colorant loss is normally limited to the top half inch of material. Mulch is normally applied at a two-inch depth leaving plenty of material to cover the surface once it’s flipped over.
· Top coat the surface with an additional half inch of fresh colour-enriched product. 'Amerimulch 2018'
We are currently not accepting any orders online as we are a wholesaler and we support our Landscape Reseller network. Please contact us for further details and for a Landscape Reseller near you.