- Location location location where is the mulch to be used? e.g. flat garden beds or steep slopes or a combination.
- How are you going to apply it to the garden? e.g. by hand, wheel barrow, shovel, pitch fork, bobcat. Chip and Mulch is easy to shovel and move about, where as bark generally requires a pitch fork as it binds together but is still easily moved once in the wheelbarrow or on the garden.
- Work out the colour that would compliment your garden, gold, orange, chocolate brown, deep brown/red, Uluru Red this is a personal preference.
- Work out how fine or course/chunky you want the mulch to be.
- How long you want it to last (Cypress will last longer and retain its colour longer than other mulches).
- How much do you need to do this measure the length x width x depth. Generally we say a minimum of 10cm or 4 inches deep. The deeper the better for weed suppression.
- Check our product images and contact us with any questions. we always recommend checking the product in the landscape yards yourself due to colour differences in manufacturing a natural product.
Mulch is not just about the product but how it compliments your garden, outdoor entertaining area or commercial space. Like painting your house it is an important colour palette and pattern decision that will bring your plants to life and 'Refresh your Garden'.
Cypress is actively engaging gardeners to add value to their homes and projects through selecting the right product for the right application. We don't just make mulch, we use it in our gardens and projects and we like to assist our customers to get the perfect finish.